12.23.2006

Some Firsts and Two Questions

It's been an interesting trip back home thus far, full of new and exciting adventures, good, not-so-good, and indifferent. A not all inclusive list includes:

- The first flight I've taken on my own, Seattle to St. Louis with a layover in Minneapolis/St. Paul. I didn't do it the easy way, but I definitely did it the story telling way. My first flight on my lonesome, and I did it with my cat and dog in tow. The cat flew in the cabin in her carrier under the seat. The dog flew with my luggage. A very scared dog. He was shaking when I dropped him off, and he was still shaking when I picked him up at the other end. Poor puppy.

- My first speeding ticket. Coming back from visiting friends in Iowa, I got pulled over doing 78 in a 65. The state trooper asks, "Is there any justifiable reason?" So, my question for anyone reading this...Is there a justifiable reason for speeding and what is it?

- My first visit to the ER with my parents. Not when I was in need of medical attention, but when my dad was. Interesting having those positions reversed. The last time we went to the ER was either when I broke my wrist sliding into 3rd base or when I passed out from being dehydrated. I can't remember which one was last. Last night, we went because my dad couldn't breathe. He's doing fine, but definitely a different position to be in, taking your parent to the ER.

- My first visit to the tattoo studio with the intention of getting a tattoo. I've been to my share of studios already as I have my share of piercings. Never a tattoo. I've always been very hesitant to get a tattoo. The whole permanent thing was just too much for me. Now, I have an idea that I'm comfortable with, is original, and something I'm ok with being on my body permanently. I went with my friend who is no stranger to the tattoo studios and is friends with the tattoo artist. We talked about my idea, I got approval for the general idea, and we started talking about the details. The question he wanted to know..."Am I a girly girl or butch?" To those who know me, I'm curious. How would you answer that question?

Those are the firsts and questions that I'm sharing tonight. Enjoy, and let me know the answers to those 2 questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A justifiable reason for speeding...I am putting my cat to sleep. (Or I was just trying to keep up with you!) I think you are a great driver because you made it this long without getting a speeding ticket unlike one of your siblings. And I think you are a girly girl, no offense. I love you.

~Your sis