4.08.2007

Sweet Relaxation

Back from a much needed and wonderful trip to Hawai'i. And, per multiple requests, photos to share with you all...

Taken from the balcony of the room. A wonderful view. (Sorry, guys, I can't figure out how to rotate it, and I'm too tired and frustrated to mess with it right now.)


The sunsets were spectacular.


The ocean views entrancing. This one is taken from the Olivine Pools, which are behind me, as I'm looking out over the ocean and watching the surf beat against the lava rocks below me. Jeff, you would love the rocks on this island.


The Nakalele Blowhole on the way up...


And, crashing back down... (Sorry again for the unrotated pictures. I'll figure it out one of these days.)


One of the whales that was soooo cool to watch. Seen from the room, this whale was smacking his tail against the water. Repeatedly. I still haven't a clue as to what the whale was up to, but so amazing to watch.


These were the whales we saw on the return trip from snorkeling at Molokini. As explained by the captain, this is a competition pod, a bunch of males duking it out for the attention of the female. There were 4 or 5 whales altogether at this sighting, and I think you can see 3 in this picture fairly clearly.


Annie, this sign is for you. Taken at the top of 10,000 foot high Haleakala, I found it amusing.


The view from the summit of Haleakala. I was amazed. I don't know how else to describe it, but find that description completely lacking. This is looking down at Kihei and the ocean and over the clouds we climbed through on the way up the mountain.


And, last but not least, the view from up above Honolua Bay, and one of the snorkeling spots. A gorgeous view.

I'm not missing too many pictures, but there are a few missing. I didn't get any of the turtles or of any of the fish from the snorkeling trips. Next time, I'll definitely get an underwater camera. I had no idea what to expect.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Let me know what you guys think.

Smile and enjoy.

No comments: