6.26.2007

Thunderstorms

It was humid, and I told people that it needed to rain. My mistake...

So, rain it did. Stormed, to put it more accurately. It thundered and lightened like I haven't seen in a long time. And poured. And the wind howled through the windows. And my puppy was scared...

He spent the entire night in my bed. On top of me. Hyperventilating. And shaking.

Once, he got down, and I thought he was OK. I found him huddled in the farthest corner of the closest, still shaking.

I didn't get much sleep. It's hard to sleep with a 60 lbs dog on your chest. He didn't sleep, either.

In the morning, there were flood warnings all over. Standing water around my place, and all my running routes flooded.

It had rained 6 inches over night.

I don't think I'll be requesting rain any time soon.

No comments: