7.02.2007

Name Calling and Props

So, one of my patients called me rude, disrespectful, and forceful...

Nice, eh? Since I consider myself to be none of these, I was highly ticked. He tried to pull a power trip on me. "I was a government employee for 20+ years. You wouldn't talk to me that way if you knew the information that I knew," he said.

First, there's no way I was speaking to him in any manner that justified what he said. Second of all, what do I care if he was a government employee for 20+ years? After being raised as a military brat, someone trying to pull rank because he was a government employee is just laughable. Enough said.

Moving on to the props...

Most of you know I just moved to an apartment with not much character. I've been struggling trying to embrace it and make it my own. It's been a challenge. A friend of mine helped me move in initially and saw the place when it was bare. She hasn't seen it since and just came over the other day. Her first words after she walked in..."It feels so homey!" She couldn't have given me a better compliment, as that's what I've been trying to do.

Props to me!

No comments: