9.18.2007

Finn and Leif

Bit of a rough day here. Finn, my buddy, had surgery today to remove a tumor from his chest. The vet said that the surgery went well, that Finn tolerated it well, and that they sent the tumor to Iowa State University for analysis. I should find out in about a week what's going on, what kind of tumor it is, etc. Meanwhile, his lab work was within normal limits, the vet thinks I caught whatever it is early, and his prognosis should be good. I'll rest a lot easier when the verdict comes back from ISU...

As some of you know and some of you don't, I had another Norwegian Elkhound before named Leif. I lost him at the much too young age of 2 due to cancer, an aggressive, rare form of cancer that strikes dogs most commonly under the age of 2. I'm scared that the nightmare is happening all over again...

Leif, my beloved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Finn. I hope he is recovering well and the tumor is benign.