9.14.2007

Training and A Trophy

Today, after my morning classes, I was walking across the river from the east side of campus to the west side to go to the gym. It was a windy day today, the kind the campus is notorious for, especially in the winter when everyone dreads having to cross the river. The wind just whips through there, chilling you to the core. Today, the wind was whipping my hair across my face so much I could hardly see where I was going. I had just tossed my hair back and was trying to tame it with an elastic when I saw a guy sprinting past on a bike in hospital scrubs. He looked familiar and it took me a minute to place him. He's an anesthesiologist that races with the team I used to ride for. The last time I saw him was at a time trial I did over in Illinois. We both won trophies that day. I had to leave early and missed out on collecting my trophy. Somewhere, he has my trophy. I was thinking that I'll have to get it one of these days.

Nah, I'll just have to win some more this year.

No comments: