9.17.2007

Punk Rock Cycling

I met some of the strongest, most independent, and beautiful women this weekend when I went to Des Moines as part of this newly formed women's cycling team. We all met at this club (seriously, I had no idea Des Moines could have such a cool night spot...) called Liar's Club. All of us dressed per strict specifications for the team photo shoot. We met each other and some of the sponsors. We talked about the upcoming season and plans for the year. It was an awesome night.

I have not been this excited about riding, racing, and women's cycling in a long time. I feel as though this is long overdue. We have an amazing group of women who are all dedicated to making this happen and want to see women's cycling promoted in the state. We have support from our sponsors. We have a team manager/director who wants to see us dominate and I'm confident that he will help us do just that.

What an inspiring and empowering evening...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look like some tough girls!!!