1.11.2007

Mayhem

Snow in Seattle turns the city into madness, mayhem, chaos. Choose the words, I'm sure they'd be appropriate. Please keep in mind that here in downtown Seattle there was less than an inch of snow.

I got home just fine last evening. Others did not. This morning, I went to work and heard the most unbelievable stories regarding coworkers daily commutes home. Truly astounding. Commutes that took 4 hours. People taking 2 hours to go 1.5 miles. People abandoning their cars and walking home. Literally walking miles.

This morning, there was snow on the grass and just a dusting on the sidewalks and roads. As I was walking to work, I saw a girl driving her car, complete with chains, up the hill, spinning her tires the entire way up the hill. I do believe that takes some talent. I was in awe. I must say, I was warned that snow shut down the city (yes, they closed the schools, and people did not make it in to work), but I was not prepared for how little snow it took to do that. Astonishing.

Just in case you don't believe all that I'm writing, the link for the Seattle Times...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003520634_webstalled11.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truly hilarious. :)