1.09.2007

Snow in Seattle

I started my new job this week and have been in orientation for the past couple of days. The talk of the 40-50 people in this group has been of the weather forecast. Namely, that we'll get snow this week. Honestly, I haven't thought too much of it. I've been adjusting to my new surroundings and trying to feel more settled. Today, the talk of snow picked up in a big way. People were asking how to get to work tomorrow, talking about alternate routes and transportation, all with an edge of panic in their voices. It made me start to wonder exactly what the weather forecast was.

This evening, I came home and checked the weather forecast...

Tonight
Partly cloudy with scattered showers. Snow showers expected late. Snow accumulations a trace to 1 inch. Lows 29 to 35. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph.

Wednesday
Snow showers in the morning...then snow showers likely in the afternoon. A chance of thunderstorms. Snow accumulation a trace to 2 inches in the morning. Highs 33 to 38. Light wind becoming northwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.

People are in an uproar over a trace to possible 2 inches of snow??? Unbelievable. It makes me kinda hope that it does snow so that I can see the reaction.

No comments: