1.28.2007

Seattle Pictures To Share

I've been in Seattle about a month now. It's taking me a while to adjust to living in a city. More than I thought it would. Maybe I'm not as much of a city girl as I thought, and I'm still trying to find where it is that I fit best.

Seattle has been fun and interesting, though. So, I have pictures to share that I hope you all enjoy.

First, for the Iowa readers, I found this bike humorously reminiscent of the cow girls on America's Dairyland. This was taken across the street from Pike's Place Market, a weekly shopping excursion for my produce.


In Seattle, I have found precious few quiet retreats. Quite a challenge for a girl who's realizing how much she relies on that to regroup, recollect, and continue with life's daily tasks. So, a place that somewhat meets the criteria (somewhat because you can still hear the traffic in the background) is Kubota Garden, a japanese garden.


And, finally, the weekends have been full of snow-packed adventures. Plenty of mountains to choose from in relatively short driving distances. So far, the sampling has included Crystal Mountain for a trial of downhill skiing (a lesson in the morning and some spectacular crashes in the afternoon) and Olympic National Park for snowshoeing at Hurricane Ridge. The picture below is taken at Hurricane Ridge.


A smattering of the pictures I have to share. I hope you enjoyed them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics! Sounds like you are having fun!