1.15.2007

Pink

I have a strong aversion to pink. I am not sure when it began. Maybe my mom can provide some input on that, but I know it became especially apparent living in Turkey. We had a 3 bedroom apartment, and I had to share a room with my sister. A Pepto-Bismol pink bedroom. It traumatized me. I hated all things pink.

I have worked hard on taming this beast, this somewhat irrational aversion to pink. I am getting better. Slowly. It has taken many years. I now have a hot pink fleece, a lilac vest and jacket, a pink scarf, and a couple of other random pink items. I even voluntarily bought pink flowers for myself the other day.

Today, I had a confrontation with this pink beast. I was shopping for soccer shoes. I knew exactly what I wanted. The same shoes I wore when I played in high school. They had them at the store, but not my size in the classic color which is black with white stripes. They did, however, have the same shoe for 30% off in another color combo. White with pink stripes.

Oh, boy. I bought them. They fit the same and cost 30% less. I just don't know if I can keep them. They're pink.

I called my mom. I told her the whole story. She alternated between laughing and saying "Oh, dear."

Do I keep the shoes?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you already bought the shoes, you should wear them!

~Your sis

Anonymous said...

Keep the shoes - they coordinate well with your pretty pink shinguards!

--Sara--

Anonymous said...

Keep them! You look soooo pretty in pink!

Anonymous said...

Keep them. Why buy them if you aren't going to wear them. As you say, pink is growing on you. Maybe the shoes will too.

Anonymous said...

Definitely keep them!

- Maya