8.23.2007

On My Mind

Two funny patient interactions...
  • This cute, tattooed, and pleasantly confused older man leans into me and whispers in my ear as I'm walking him to the bathroom, "They put a worm in my penis, and I've been trying all day to get it out." He was referring to his catheter. I smiled, tried not to laugh, and explained what it was and why it was there.
  • My other cute, demented guy wearing a bright blue trucker cap who pointed at my nose ring as I was asking him orientation questions. "What's that?" he asks, and then fake sneezed 7 times in a row.
One staff interaction...
  • I had just talked with the charge nurse and care coordinator for clarification for an order I had received. I was walking away when I heard, "Hey, you! Come back here!" I kinda half turned around, wondering who she was talking to like that, only to realize that she was talking to me. First, I've been working here all summer. Second, I have a name. Third, who addresses others like that, especially a colleague in a professional environment??? "Excuse me, but my name is Christina. I would appreciate it if you addressed me that way." And, I walked away.

No comments: