8.27.2007

Ride-By's

There were a lot of people out riding tonight despite the wind. (The wind sucked, by the way. One of those days where it's easier to ride up the hill because you have the windbreak than it is to ride on the flats or even downhill.) A lot of people out riding apparently equals a few crazies.

A girlfriend and I were out riding on a high traffic road. We were riding a fair pace with the wind at our backs, but certainly not pushing any speed envelopes. I saw another biker coming up behind us as I was staring at the livestock out in the fields and told my friend "Biker back" as we were riding two abreast. I didn't really pay too much attention as he passed us until he had pulled ahead a bit. Then, I turned and looked over at him and my riding partner. He was leering at us. Seriously, full body turned toward us with the most disgusting leer on his face. I don't know how to describe it better than that. My friend had turned towards me and was cringing at me. We slowed the pace way down to let him get far ahead of us, and I almost feel off my bike laughing. The combination of this nasty guy leering at us and my friend cringing was a picture of extremes that I only wish I had a picture of to share with you all.

So, a couple of notes to people out there who ride upon a couple of girls that you perhaps find attractive.
  1. Don't leer.
  2. Wear a jersey. Especially if you have a mat of chest hair that could be better described as a rug over a pot belly. It's not attractive.
  3. Try starting a conversation. I promise it works out much better to pick up a couple of girls by talking to them versus leering at them. Seriously.

No comments: