11.12.2006

Monster Trucks

A girlfriend and I went to a Monster Truck Challenge last night. Neither of us had ever been to one. My girlfriend is a huge fan of big trucks. The bigger, the better. What better place to go, then, than a monster truck challenge? I just figured I could get some good pictures. (This one is taken with my camera phone. I forgot my real camera. Definitely not the best quality.)



Before heading out for the evening, we'd called a couple of others who had expressed some interest in going with us. My girlfriend also called a guy friend she's interested in, but who's currently unavailable. The conversation went something like this:

A: "Whatcha doing tonight?"

Guy: "Just hanging out. How about you?"

A: "Heading to the Monster Truck Challenge. Wanna go?"

Guy: "NO!" Emphatically spoken, no hesitation, in a "What in the hell are you thinking?" tone.

For the rest of the evening, with any yes/no questions, the answer, as you might guess, was always an "are-you-crazy?", unflinching NO response.

What are friends for?

No comments: