11.30.2006

Oregon Coast


What took so long?

I've been a couple hours (ok, 3 hours) from the coast for the last 3.5 months. Why haven't I made the trip before? I attempted to once and got lost trying to find the scenic route through the mountains to the ocean. Then, I guess I got too busy exploring other things. I should have gone earlier.

This time, we just took the highway. We went through the tip of the California Redwoods. Absolutely amazing. My imagination didn't even touch the size of those trees after actually seeing them in real life. Unfortunately, no pictures of the redwoods.

Drove up the coast a bit, and found a wonderful beach. My first ocean view in over a year, and my, oh my, was it a beautiful view. Every time I see the ocean again, I remember how much I miss it.

No comments: