5.11.2007

Upheaval

Way more changes in this last week than I ever could have anticipated, and I'm still working my way through them all. My little life's plan for the next couple of months has been shot to hell. Someone described it best for me when she said it was as though my life were in a little cardboard box and someone dumped and scattered it, leaving me to scramble and pick up all those little pieces. That's what I feel like.

My travel contracts have fallen apart - one of my choosing, one not. I feel such a strong pull to return to the midwest, to Iowa. To go home. To recover, recuperate. To heal.

I had planned on returning to school in January. With the events of this past week, somehow it just makes sense to go back to school in August. What am I waiting for? No clue, so just do it, as the now infamous Nike slogan goes.

Now, the decisions I'm left with seem to come down to what to do for the summer. Do I be financially responsible, take a travel assignment, and make some money this summer? Or, do I have fun this summer, find a place of my own, work PRN at my old job that I loved, and enjoy the summer before becoming a slave to school?

Let's hear your votes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you can be carefree for a little longer....then go for it. As long as you have something to do with your time and it's not sitting around wathcing infomercials or following a grungy band cross-country, you can learn from the new experiences and channel them into recharging your batteries. Few people remeber to do this for themselves and now you have a built in opportunity.

Pick a place or two to visit over a weekend and get away from things, go compare the tragedies and triumphs with your old classmates, and above all else - take some time to remind yourself why its good to be alive and aware of who you are.