7.15.2007

In Review

Wedding Crashers
- Went to a wedding with a friend. Only remotely knew the people and felt like I was crashing the wedding. Memorable quotes from the evening... "Falling in love is like peeing your pants. Everyone sees you do it, but only you can feel it." "Welcome to the Midwest, the only place corn is considered a vegetable. Everywhere else it's a grain."

Ballet
- The local theater/auditorium is celebrating their anniversary in conjunction with the Joffrey Ballet. Together, they put together an absolutely fabulous performance, highlighting works from "The Nutcracker" (of course), "Billboards" (fantastic, I want to see the whole performance now), "Untitled" (a comedy), "Light Rain" (exotic), and "Allegro con Sabor" (hot, seductive performance). It was wonderful to see highlights from these different, full-length performances, and to see them outside on Hancher's front lawn. It was a fantastic production.

Harry Potter
- Went to the movie this past weekend. Liked it better than I have the last two, probably because it followed the book better. Looking forward to the 7th book, coming out this weekend. I'm almost done with reading all the prior books, so that I can be completely up to speed on all the details when I read the latest, and final, installment. I know, I know, I'm a fanatic...

Biking
- Been biking a bunch, which takes up a lot more time than I remember it doing. Get up in the morning to take Finn running, go to work, come home and ride, eat dinner, and go to bed. Makes me tired just thinking about it. Been on some interesting rides, including our 4th of July ride, where we came upon a tiny town's parade, complete with everyone and their lawn mowing tractor. There was even a kid hopping along on a pogo stick. And, the marshal offered to stop the parade to let us through. We just stayed and watched. It was fun. Welcome to small town Iowa. But, the first trial race is coming up this weekend in Davenport. Wish me luck.

Truck Pulls
- I've made two attempts to go to a friend's truck pulling competitions. I find them oddly captivating. Haven't made it to either one because of the weather. Last night, there was even a tornado in the town where the truck pull was supposed to be. We stopped before we got there, but the damage is just unreal. Will try again this coming week and see if the third time really is a charm.

No comments: